Become a Founding ReShare Member
ReShare now offers membership options to individual libraries and consortia interested in advancing our goal for the development of an open, community-owned resource sharing infrastructure. Founding Members play a critical role in bringing this open source software to market and shaping the Community’s trajectory as a disruptive and innovative force for open, standards-based, user-centered resource sharing services in libraries.
With the support and collaboration of ReShare Founding Members, we believe we can transform resource sharing, focus on our collective user needs and build innovative tools and business models that work for libraries and consortia. Your membership allows you to become a partner in project governance with a voice in ensuring that ReShare meets the needs of this community. Your membership dollars will be used to establish ReShare as a resource sharing service option for libraries and consortia and ensure the long-term sustainability of this project.
Founding Member Categories & Fees
Founding Library Champion
For libraries wishing to commit monetary and/or other contributions (expertise, developer time, etc.)
- Year 1 – Minimum* annual membership fee of $1,500 with a 3-year commitment
- Year 2 – $1500
- Year 3 – $1500
Founding Consortial Advocate
For consortia wishing to commit monetary and/or other contributions (expertise, developer time, etc.)
- Year 1 – Minimum* initial membership fee of $1,500 per member library
- Year 2 – $3,500 per member library
- Year 3 – $3,500 per member library
*We have indicated minimum commitments necessary to support the long-term success of this project. Contributions at higher levels are welcome and encouraged. If your institution requires flexibility in membership pricing or payment terms, please contact us.
Benefits of Becoming a Founding ReShare Member
Founding ReShare Membership benefits include:
- Contribution to the initial development phases of ReShare, which will bring a more fully featured platform to market faster, offering an open, alternative, user-centered resource sharing system
- A voting representative for your library, consortium or organization, with the opportunity to be elected to leadership roles in community governance
- Recognition with Institution name, logo, and URL listed on the ReShare website as a Founding Member
- Influence software development roadmap and community direction through member feedback forums
- Early access to software testing/development partner opportunities
- Access to discounts from Certified ReShare Service Providers for ReShare-related services
- Access to discounted registration costs for ReShare community meetings
Apply to Become a Founding Member: Application Process
To become a Founding ReShare Member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A Statement of Interest describing your desire to join this community
- A Statement of Commitment describing your organization’s contribution to the project and the ReShare community. Include any monetary commitment (e.g., member fee), development resources and/or other commitments you propose to be considered as part of this process.
- A description of your organization
- Your contact information
After receiving your application, the Steering Committee will review the request for membership based upon criteria stated in the Project Charter, along with a review of submitted statements of interest and commitment. All applications recommended by the Steering Committee will be put out to the ReShare Member Community for comment and a vote.
Founding Member Discount Program
If you become a Founding Member of the ReShare Community by August 31, 2019, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved now and influence the software roadmap, feature prioritization and community development. Additionally, your organization will save 10% on the minimum membership fees.