Become a Founding ReShare Service Partner
ReShare offers membership options to commercial and service provider organizations interested in advancing our goal for the development of an open, community-owned resource sharing platform. By becoming a Founding Service Partner, you will play a critical role in bringing this open source software to market and shaping the Community’s trajectory as a disruptive and innovative force for open, standards-based, user-centered resource sharing services in libraries.
Founding ReShare Service Partners
Aimed at commercial or non-profit service providers who share the project vision and demonstrate a commitment to ReShare community values.
- Proposals for membership are encouraged and the Community will consider all forms of commitments. Commitments may take the form of monetary contributions, software developer time or other contributions.
- Minimum monetary commitment requirements for ReShare Service Partners applicants are based on current project need and available resources. Please contact us for details.
Benefits of Becoming a Founding ReShare Service Partner
- Your contributions to the initial development phases of ReShare will bring a more fully featured platform to market faster, offering an open, alternative, user-centered resource sharing system
- You’ll have the advantage of working directly with future ReShare customers and end-users.
- Your organization will gain a voting representative, with the opportunity to be elected to leadership roles in community governance
- Recognition with your organization name, logo, and URL listed on the ReShare website as a Founding ReShare Service Partner
- Influence software development roadmap and community direction through member feedback forums
- Early access to software testing/development partner opportunities
- Opportunity to become a Certified ReShare Service Providers for ReShare-related services (see below)
- Access to discounted registration costs for ReShare community meetings
Apply to Become a Founding ReShare Service Partner
To become a Founding ReShare Member, please contact email@example.com with:
- A Statement of Interest describing your desire to join this community
- A Statement of Commitment describing your organization’s contribution to the project and the ReShare community. Include any monetary commitment (e.g., member fee), development resources and/or other commitments you propose to be considered as part of this process
- A description of your organization
- Your contact information
After receiving your application, the Steering Committee will review the request for membership based upon criteria stated in the Project Charter, along with a review of submitted statements of interest and commitment. All applications recommended by the Steering Committee will be put out to the ReShare Member Community for comment and a vote.
Apply to Join our Certified Service Providers Program
Want to offer ReShare services to libraries?
Certified Service Providers (CSPs) are ReShare Service Partners who are approved by the ReShare Steering Committee as trusted providers and community contributors.
These organizations have demonstrated expertise and a significant community effort to support ReShare’s open technologies through community leadership, in-kind contributions, and financial support.
CSPs contribute a minimum number of hours of in-kind community contribution annually, as well as a flat annual fee toward support of community infrastructure.
Certified Service Providers are committed to:
- Open and Transparent Pricing
- Caps on annual increases
- Use of open standards and protocols
- Participation in leadership roles and contributions of ReShare code to the Community
- Excellent service to ReShare customers
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with interest in the Certified Service Providers Program.