ReShare Returnables supports requesting and supplying of physical materials between libraries. The 1.0 release is focused on no-cost resource sharing between members of consortia or other groups with reciprocal lending agreements. The ReShare returnables suite of software includes a directory of participating libraries, apps to manage requesting and supplying of resources, and a bulk update app to process multiple requests quickly.
RESHARE RETURNABLES 1.3 – July 31, 2021
This release will include additional features needed by our early implementers.
- Attach more than one item to a request
- Real-time availability display in discovery services
- Prevent requests of locally available items
- ILS integrations – Millennium, TLC, Voyager
- Manage patron types
- Allow/block requests by patron type
- Patron account management
- Patron account API
- Patron account display in VuFind
ReShare Returnables 1.4 – October 31, 2021
Reserved for stability, bug fixes, and priority enhancements for early implementers.
The following features have been identified as development priorities, but have not yet been scheduled.
- Loan rules
- Auto-forward requests
- Claim lost items
- Route requests across multiple consortia
- Anonymized lending
- Create and manage shipments
- Box and Unbox apps for bulk shipment processing
- Integration with shipping providers
- Consortial management portal
- Request routing by group